Valentines Day Ideas for the all the single ladies - and the taken ones too!

So when it comes to Valentines Day, I really am on the fence. On the one hand, I'm really not a fan of overly commercial events invented by retailers just to get some extra cash out of us consumers - Halloween I'm looking  at you. (cynical - moi?!). On the other hand, I love love, romance, fun and who would ever turn down the opportunity to dress up?!

Whether your taken or single (I've had great Valentines nights either way) staying in or going out, I've picked my favourite beauty and make up beauty products for both a relaxing pamper night in,  and a Va Va Voom make up look for a date night out.

Relaxing Pamper Night 
Valentines day is a great excuse to have the ultimate chilled night in - indulge in some Hotel Chocolat, pop the Prosecco cork, and use some of these amazingly relaxing products.

So run the bath, light some candles (Diptyque are always a winner if you want to feel really special - this is the time to light those expensive candle you've been saving!) and start by taking off the days make up:

Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm 105g £39.50
I'm now addicted to cleansing balms and this one is my current favourite. The lavender scent is super relaxing, whilst the balm dissolves make up, daily grime and pollutants. For that extra deep cleanse I like to steam with a muslin hot cloth too, with the added benefit that all those aromatherapy oils are released - heaven!

Nuxe Masque Créme Fraiche 50ml £18.50
This rehydrating Masque has a beautiful consistency, lightly whipped and feels really refreshing on the skin. I like to leave this on whilst I'm in the bath, especially when my skin needs that extra surge of moisture (its definitely a winter staple!) Then any excess left after the bath I remove with Elemis Toning Apricot Cleanser.

Neom Bath & Shower Oil Real Luxury 100ml £40
Now the make up is off - time for the bath! This Organic Bath & Shower Oil by Neom is amazing - hence why I've almost finished it. A small amount really does go a long way, the scents of jasmine, rosewood and lavender are intense and create a real bath spa type atmosphere.


Clarins Relax Body Treatment Oil 100ml £39
Post bath, this relaxing body oil from Clarins really does the trick. In winter, I like to use oils more to really lock in moisture and this one is perfect - the hazelnut oil intensely hydrates leaving skin smooth and soft. I have to say thought the main reason I use this is the smell - Geranium, Chamomile and Basil (sounds like an odd combination but it really works!) make a heavenly combination.

Clarins Pore Minimising Serum £27 & Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Nourishing Cream £27.50
Recently I've discovered this amazing pore minimising serum from Clarins and have definitely seen results, so to end my pamper session I would apply this to the face with fingertips.
Then lastly, I'd give myself a mini facial massage with Neal's Yard Frankincense Cream. I've been a lover of Neal's Yard for many years and this cream, is a favourite its thick and luxurious and packed with plant oils and herbal extracts that rejuvenate the skin. Aside from that the smell of frankincense is lovely - a little different from your usual floral creams and its fab.

Now get into a fluffy robe, and under a soft blanket with a cold glass of Prosecco and lots of candles and chillax! It doesn't get much better than that for a night in - perfect.


Make Up for a Va Va Voom Night Out 
So if you do decide to go out, either to part-tay with the girls for a Gal-entines night (see what I did there?!) or for a date with the man in your life, here are some of the products that help to make a great Va Va Voom look

Bumble & Bumble Brilliantime £20.50
BB Brilliantime is a strange and wonderful hair cream, it gives high shine and polish, and a sort of slept in, casual look with a 'soft' texture, which I can never achieve without it! Difficult to explain but give this a try once and you'll never look back!

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation and Sheer Powder
So I've been raving about these two products for a while - see my previous blog post here - so I wont continue to bang on about them but simply put, fabulous and my new go to foundation especially for a flawless base on a night out.

Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara £25
One of the most important elements for a flirty make up look - the fluttery lashes! Hands down one of the best mascaras I've ever used (Next to Smashbox Full Exposure that is - another favourite) this really separates the lashes and holds the curl. For  night out I would use this over natural looking eyelash extensions to really make the eyes pop!

Rosie for Autograph Eyeshadow Palette in Ballet Slipper £18
This is a new range from Rosie Huntingdon Whitely for M&S which I tried for a night out a few weeks back, and I really was pleasantly surprised. I like the rose gold packaging (didn't quite nail the colour as its a bit on the orange side but pretty all the same!), The shadows are creamy and smooth to apply, and really blendable, I built up a lovely smoky eye using these colours - perfect for a night out.

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté in 33 Rose Nellia £26
Nothing says sexy classic evening look like a strong red lip, and this is my go to lipstick and (in my opinion!) the ultimate red. Aside from the beautiful packaging (you will want to touch up when your out with this one), the smooth and creamy formula delivers a really vibrant shot of colour, and the orangey hues suit most lighter skin tones, finishing off your evening look to perfection!

So that's it ladies, whether you are having a night in or a night out, single or in a relationship, Valentines Day is the perfect time to tell the people you love that you love them. And the most important thing is to spoil the person you have the most important relationship with - yourself of course!

Have a fab one whatever you are doing

J xx
















Post a Comment